Custom Search

Friday, October 28, 2011

Chocolate Lovers

Friday, October 28, 2011
CHOCOLATE

The word CHOCOLATE I personally think always puts a smile on your face. It honestly doesn't matter what sort of mood you are in, if you hear someone mention 'Chocolate' you smile.

Let's admit it, we all love Chocolate. Some more than others, lol! I'll be honest and say I'm married with 2 teenage kids and all us like a bit of chocolate. However it's not easy to have any without my daughter eating it all before we get some. Whether it's just a simple bar of chocolate or some fantastic Chocolate cake. In fact my daughter insists that at her wedding, she intends to have a 'Chocolate' Wedding Cake.

Now one of the best inventions I think in recent years have been the invention of the 'Chocolate Fountain' I know my family was one of the first in our group of friends to buy one. Then again if we had waited a little while we could of brought one for far less than we paid. Since buying it I don't think we have held a party or some events, where we haven't used the fountain. Everyone loves it. Whether we keep it simple by just using strawberry's or got the full way so to speak and also have marsh-mellows and other fruits to dip into the running chocolate.

Now i'll be honest when we first brought the fountain we tried all different ways to make it work probably. Let's be honest the instructions that come with the machine make it sound so simple, but they're not. We found mixing a little cooking oil with quality eating chocolate made for the best option.

Obviously we use the 'chocolate fountain' on special occasions as I have already said. During the week we all love a bar or two, but nothing it better than when either my wife or my daughter decide to make cakes etc. Whether it's a nice chocolate cake to go with a nice cup of coffee on a winters afternoon or maybe a selection of frozen chocolate dipped strawberry's to accompany a nice cold drink on a hot summers afternoon, chocolate Helps.

My favourites are:

    * Chocolate Covered Truffles
    * Cookies And Cream Truffles
    * Triple Chocolate Fudge
    * Double Chocolate Cherry Bourbon Balls
    * Congo Bars
    * Chocolate Vanilla Chip Biscotti
    * Canal Street Brownies
    * Mudslide Brownies
    * Death By Chocolate
    * Rocky Road Candy

All of which my wife loves to make. Thankfully.

Now be honest with me. If whilst you read this article you mouth didn't water once, you can not be human! Or then again maybe your one of those very few people who doesn't like chocolate. Bad Luck.

By James Anthony Stanger

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Other Information that You Can Find Below:

 
Food and Drink Guide © 2008. Design by Pocket